Juggling is all about throwing… not catching!
Similar to B2B sales prospecting, if you are not reaching out to prospects in the right way, you’ll make it far harder to land big clients!
At Marketing Republic, we use a B2B Sales prospecting strategy called the OUTREACH Formula that we’ve developed running business development campaigns in 23 countries, creating multiple £millions of sales pipeline for our clients.
About the Outreach Formula 2.0
After years of trialling and testing we have created the mind blowing, kickass formula that has transformed business prospecting so now we would like to reveal our secret formula that we use with multiple industries and clients globally.
Whilst traditional Cold Calling, which we call Cold Calling 1.0, just doesn’t work anymore…
Marketing Republic is the only telemarketing lead generation service provider in the UK that is using this unique approach, which is proven to be three times more effective than the traditional Cold Calling 1.0 approach.
Sales reps DO NOT want to be wasting their time Cold Calling and prospecting.
If they didn’t have to waste their time cold calling, they could focus on what they do best which is pitching and winning more business! But given that many sales team are designed with each person as a single operator, running an area or offering where no-oneespecially cares how they achieve results… just that the results are achieved!
So outsourcing the Lead Generation process can enable your Sales Team to focus on what they do best.
Which is WHY you should leave the Lead Generation to specialists like Marketing Republic!
Our approach is simple, it needs to be executed flawlessly to deliver the desired results and Marketing Republic invests heavily in training all of its staff in the approach.
We are connected and have regular contact with the inventor of the Cold Calling 2.0 system, Aaron Ross, who designed and implemented the system that delivered $100M of recurring revenue for Salesforce.com in just 4 years.
How Outreach 2.0 Works
Outreach Formula 2.0 is based on an initial email approach which is not sales orientated. This email is designed to be a conversation starter and not an out and out sales email. We believe each part of the process should have absolute focus and be a relentless process to get the best results, so specific teams are given specialised functions.
Data Selection and Provisioning:
Our system works on 3 levels of data requirement and prospecting strategies.
1. Mass Emails: To get the system up and running we have relationships with existing data providers that are the very best at what they do. Whilst these are called ‘mass’ they are far from that. We work with you to define your Ideal Client Profile and acquire data as close to that profile as possible. The big difference with our solution and other lead generation methods is this is only the start whereas others rely on data quality because the data is everything.
Let us explain…
When we build a pool of data, you are likely to get 1-3 contacts from each Account. Very often people have moved on and/or email addresses are wrong or go to generic email addresses.
We put everyone on an automated email process and work all the responses. We track any that bounce back, we track any that are undelivered and we track all left office messages that have replied back to us.
These are then entered onto a workflow to add new people, find new email addresses and start the process again. If there is no response from an Account after the automated emails we enter them into a workflow to have new people added.
Ultimately we aim as high up the organisation as possible in order to gain referrals to the relevant personnel, or engage with senior executives.
2. Named Account Emails: Here we define a smaller number of Accounts based on your target criteria. These are the companies you have identified that you really want to be working with – your Ideal Clients. Marketing Republic defines 1 – 5 contacts per account using Internet research and sends out a semi tailored email to all contacts. We have a very well proven and tested template system aimed at getting into a 1st conversation at Named Account companies, or referred to relevant personnel.
3. Working The Responses: All responses are immediately followed by telephone and email. These are typically – a) Please contact me or Tell me more (we like these!). b) I’m in contract c) happy with existing provider d) an internal referral e) head office deals with it f) too big or too small g) not interested and so on.
We have well developed telephone conversations that are proven to act as a bridge from all of these answers to enter into a conversation on an outbound call. Once on the call we can qualify further, profile against the Ideal Client profile, determine secondary information for KPI’s such as annual spend and contract end dates as well as the most important thing – set an initial telephone discussion with your sales people.
4. Outcomes: the process of Cold Calling 2.0 is to develop Predictable Revenue. Please don’t expect this to happen instantly as it takes time to refine and sometimes define both the target prospect as well as the most effective proposition.
If you have a dedicated prospecting team in place and you already have a proven message and target market, we can help you improve and scale that process.
If you don’t, then we can develop the process for you but please don’t expect us to be able to tell you specific target outcomes up front because if you don’t know those numbers specific to your business and market place, we more than likely won’t initially know either.
We will test, measure, and refine the messaging and the profile of your target prospects to enable us to provide a proven & predictable outcome.
It can take between 3 and 6 months to develop these numbers to give you trends and reliable statistics to enable to measure ongoing ROI in your sales and marketing. All work that we undertake will help build that data and intelligence.
Here are the 8 steps we follow on a daily basis:
1. “Opportunity”. Teaching you the timeless foundation building blocks of sales, persuasion and influence. These are the rules that allow you to go from a needy, arm-twisting, entrepreneur who is desperate to sell your product to anyone who will listen to you, to a confident authority who speaks from a place of power and service.
2. “Understand”. Understand all the problems and how you solve them. Looking at the problems from a prospects perspective. The next step is to define your Ideal Customer Profile. A single magical sentence that sets your company above the competition.
3. “Test”. We put everything into action. The put together the prospecting action plan and define our ideal customer profile.
3. “Research”. Getting to know the best tools available which will help make your job easier, as you can monitor the success of your messaging, targeting of job titles and the list of variables go on.
5. “Email”. What not to do and what to do when replying and sending emails. We also talk about all the tools that are needed for the email and when customers reply. We provide templates within our service which show you how to structure your emails.
6. “Acquire”. It’s about how to refine and plan your prospecting strategy by identifying the core components that make the perfect approach. Get it right and it can make you millions, get it wrong and you could be doomed.
7. “Call”. We prepare for the call narrowing our data down to who is relevant and who is not to much. On the call we have several questions that we ask to try and gain as much information as possible which we then pass over to our client.
8. “Handover”. This is the final step of our process where we handover the qualified leads to our clients where they finish the sales process.
- “Inbound” Lead Qualification: Commonly called Market Response Reps, they qualify marketing leads coming inbound through website landing pages or a dedicated phone number so they are measurable. The sources of these leads are either marketing programs, search engine marketing, content marketing, or organic word-of-mouth.
- “Outbound” Prospecting/Cold Calling 2.0: Commonly called Sales Development Reps or New Business Development Reps, this function prospects into lists of target accounts to develop new sales opportunities from cold or inactive accounts. This is a team dedicated to proactive business development.Highly efficient Outbound reps and teams do NOT close deals, but create & qualify new sales opportunities and then pass them to Account Executives to close.
- “Account Executives” or “Sales”, are quota-carrying reps who close deals. They can be either inside or out in the field. As a best practice, even when a company has an Account Management/Customer Success function,Account Executives should stay in touch with new customers they close past the closeuntil the new customer is deployed and launched.
- Account Management/Customer Success: Client deployment and success, ongoing client management, and renewals. Basically, someone needs to be dedicated to making customers successful–and that is NOT the salesperson!
Traditional marketing funnels have been re-defined with Cold Calling 2.0 – the process is more detailed and rigid with each team or process given specific tasks and target outcomes. It is this structure and process that we believe enables Marketing Republic to deliver measurable results with continual improvement in the outcomes.
The Outreach Formula 2.0 will work for you if :
- Your Average Customer Lifetime Value is in excess of £20k.
- Your turnover is in excess of £1M.
- You have a Proven Sales Process.
- You have at least 10 paying customers.
- You sell products or packaged services.
- You have a dedicated sales function.
- You want to grow your business.
- You want your sales people to focus on selling – NOT prospecting!
If you want to find out more about our process and whether it’s right for you and your business, why not set up a Free Strategy Call.
Totally confidential and without obligation…